Benefits of a Reverse Osmosis System
- Reverse Osmosis water tastes great. Your coffees, teas, and juices will taste delicious.
- A Reverse Osmosis system pays for itself in no time because you will only be paying pennies per gallon for water.
- Better for cooking because the impurities in the water will be taken out which will make the food you make taste better. Also if you are on municipal water the chlorine will be taken out which can give foods an odd taste.
- Crystal clear ice cubes will be formed because the impurities in the water will be removed causing that cloudiness look.
- Reduces the amount of plastic bottles that are ending up in our landfills and oceans.
- No more lugging cases or jugs of water!
What Is A Reverse Osmosis System?
Reverse Osmosis (RO) water is the final barrier treatment solution to your water quality problems. RO water is recommended for drinking and cooking, even if you have a water softener in your home or business.
A reverse osmosis system can eliminate even more contaminants giving you purified water at your tap. It is compact in size and can be easily installed under your kitchen sink. They can also be installed in the basement, to your ice maker in your refrigerator AND for pet bowls.
RO water filters will also save you money on buying water bottles and gallons at the grocery store as well as water bottle delivery. PLUS, you will be saving the environment!
How Does A Reverse Osmosis System Work?
The process works by forcing water under great pressure against a semi-permeable membrane, where water molecules form a barrier that allows other water molecules to pass through while excluding most contaminants. Maintenance involves the replacement of the RO membrane cartridge every two or three years and the carbon and sediment pre-filters every six to twelve months. RO also incorporates an activated carbon filter, which can provide added treatment for the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) not treated by the membrane itself.